- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 onions
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 knorr homestyl stock beef (tubs)
- 5 cups water
- 4 carrots (large, peeled and cut into thirds)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 8 ounces cipollini onions (peeled)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown short ribs on all sides. Remove short ribs to plate. Deglaze pan with a little water, then add to large heavy-duty oven-proof pot with lid.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in another skillet over low heat and cook onion and garlic to caramelize. Stir into pot with deglazing liquid. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Beef and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in ribs, thyme and bay leaves. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, then cover with pot lid. Bake covered 2 hours. Add carrots and bake until ribs and carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown cipollini onions in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in another skillet; set aside.
- Remove ribs to serving dish and keep warm; skim fat from stock. Whisk in cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup water. Bring stock to a boil and continue boiling over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour gravy over ribs to serve. Garnish with caramelized cipollini onions and, if desired, additional fresh thyme.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1190Calories from Fat980|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat980|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.