- 4 lamb
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
- 2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 jar bertolli vineyard premium collections fire roasted tomato with cabernet sauvignon sauce
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch-thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat Olive Oil in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown lamb, turning once, about 30 minutes. Remove lamb from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until lighty golden. Stir in ginger, garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes and Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients except potatoes and lamb. Return to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return lamb to skillet. Simmer covered 1 hour.
- Season lamb, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes and simmer covered an additional 1 hour or until potatoes and lamb are tender.