- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 15 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 pinch paprika
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 pound broccoli (divided into florets)
- 2/3 pound carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (small, deseeded and sliced)
- 1 red pepper (small, deseeded and sliced)
- 5 1/4 ounces tofu (cubed)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic for 5 mins. Add tomatoes and season. Add paprika, vinegar and sugar then add chopped parsley. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch broccoli and carrots for 5 mins in boiling salted water. Drain then mix with tofu and tomato sauce. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for about 1 hour.
Turgeon 1 Jun 2017
To cook vegetables like this is a great idea! Delicious!