Slow cooked pork, carrots, spices. This stew is sure to not only satisfy, but will additionally make your house smell marvelous while it cooks. This stew takes a little planning timewise but its long cooking process allows you to get some stuff done in the meantime.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1,500 kilograms pork neck (approximately)
- 1/2 sausages (sliced)
- 3 carrots (large, cubed)
- 2 onions (sliced thickly)
- 5 garlic cloves (diced)
- 10 coriander (sprigs, chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chili peppers (small spoonful)
- 1 paprika (small spoonful)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 200 milliliters red wine
- water (as needed)
- Heat a large pot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork and let it cook for 3 minutes each on all sides of the meat until it is evenly seared.
- Add the sausage, carrots, onions, garlic, coriander, and bay leaf.
- Season the mix with salt and add the tomato paste, chili pepper, and paprika.
- Mix in the wine and the lemon juice, then cover the pan and let it simmer over low heat for 1.5 to 2 hours, turning the meat over occasionally. If necessary, add water when the meat is turned over.
- Once done, empty the meat and juices into a deep serving tray and cut it into thin slices. Place the meat and juices in the pot again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately alongside potato chips and a salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.