Braised Pork NeckAs receitas lá de casa
Slow cooked pork, carrots, spices. This stew is sure to not only satisfy, but will additionally make your house smell marvelous while it cooks. This stew takes a little planning timewise but its long cooking process allows you to get some stuff done in the meantime.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1,500 kilograms pork neck (approximately)
- 1/2 sausages (sliced)
- 3 carrots (large, cubed)
- 2 onions (sliced thickly)
- 5 garlic cloves (diced)
- 10 coriander (sprigs, chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chili peppers (small spoonful)
- 1 paprika (small spoonful)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 200 milliliters red wine
- water (as needed)
- 1Heat a large pot with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- 2When the oil is hot, add the pork and let it cook for 3 minutes each on all sides of the meat until it is evenly seared.
- 3Add the sausage, carrots, onions, garlic, coriander, and bay leaf.
- 4Season the mix with salt and add the tomato paste, chili pepper, and paprika.
- 5Mix in the wine and the lemon juice, then cover the pan and let it simmer over low heat for 1.5 to 2 hours, turning the meat over occasionally. If necessary, add water when the meat is turned over.
- 6Once done, empty the meat and juices into a deep serving tray and cut it into thin slices. Place the meat and juices in the pot again and cook for another 15 minutes.
- 7Serve immediately alongside potato chips and a salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.