Bring the flavors of fall with these braised chops. Serve with rice pilaf and glazed carrots.
- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 pound baby carrots (3 cups)
- vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple cider (OR apple juice)
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup light cream (OR half & half)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- In a covered saucepan cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water about 12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with a little oil and brown 2 minutes on each side. Add apple cider, thyme, salt and pepper to skillet; cover tightly and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Arrange chops and carrots on a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine cream and cornstarch. Stir cream mixture and horseradish into skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Serve over the chops and carrots.