- 3 heads radicchio
- 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 8 buns
- 1 coppa (/ pork butt)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 quarts pork stock
- 1/2 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 asparagus
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 red onion (julienne)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 bulb fennel (thick-cut julienne)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Calabrian chili spread (Tutto Calabria brand)
- Sear pork in olive oil until browned on all sides; add garlic and onion and cook until caramelized.
- Deglaze pan with red wine.
- Cover pork with stock, tomatoes and oregano; simmer for 3½-4 hours or until tender.
- Once tender, remove pork from cooking liquid and thickly shred with fork.
- Combine spices and liquid and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pour the liquid over the vegetables and cool.
- Combine eggs, garlic and lemon in a food processor; pulse until mixed well.
- Slowly add grape seed oil until smooth and emulsified.
- Fold in Calabrian chili spread.
- Season to taste.
- Cut radicchio into quarters, dress with olive oil and salt and grill until lightly charred.
- Spread inside of bottom and top buns with Calabrian Aoili.
- Build sandwich with braised pork, jardinière, radicchio, olive oil, salt, pepper and cheese.