Bow-tie Pasta Salad with Salmon and Orange and Basil MayonnaiseO Meu Tempero
Bow-tie (also known as farfalle) pasta is a favorite among kids and adults alike, with its whimsical shape that is meant to resemble a butterfly (since farfalle means "butterfly" in Italian). In this recipe, the pasta is tossed with seared salmon (cooked while the pasta is boiling), tender Boston lettuce, diced beet, and orange segments (a winning combination if ever there was one) and then served with a homemade basil mayonnaise that's quickly and easily whisked together with a hand blender.
- olive oil
- 200 grams bow-tie pasta
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 orange (zested and sectioned)
- 1 handful Boston lettuce
- 1 beets (cooked, diced)
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- olive oil
- basil leaves (chopped)
- 1Cook pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water, according to package directions.
- 2Drain pasta and toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Season salmon fillets with salt and orange zest.
- 3Brush salmon with olive oil and cook on a hot skillet. Remove skin and bones. Break fillets into flakes and set aside.
- 4Toss Boston lettuce in serving dish with pasta, salmon, diced beet and orange sections.
- 5In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk together egg, vinegar and some salt. Slowly drizzle in some olive oil while whisking.
- 6Once mayonnaise begins to thicken, it is ready to serve.
- 7Fold in chopped basil. Serve salad with basil mayonnaise.