Bow Tie Pasta with Braised Pork White Wine and BaconPork
- 2 pounds pork shoulder roast (cut into 6 large chunks)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 carrots (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (fire-roasted, chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley sprigs (tied with string)
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta (cook to package directions)
- 12 ounces bacon (baked and chopped into small pieces)
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Pat the pork dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 In a large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides until a golden brown. Transfer the pork to a plate. Into the pan add the onion, celery, and carrot. Cook until fragrant and softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir in the tomato paste and and roasted tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook another 2 minutes to cook off the raw flour flavor. Add the wine, whisk well to combine. Let the sauce reduce by half. Return the pork to the Dutch oven. Stir in the veggie stock and add the parsley stems. Add some water if liquid does not come up to the top of the pork. You should not completely submerge the pork with liquid. Cover the pot and place it in the oven to braise until the meat is fork tender, about 2:45 to 3 hours. Taste and season the pork with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- 4 When the pork is almost done cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. When it's done drain & toss with some olive oil.
- 5 Remove the pork from the pot and shred with a fork or your hands. Add it back into the Dutch oven and mix to combine the sauce well. Toss the bowties with the sauce and some bacon.
- 6 Serve with freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese. Top with chopped fresh parsley and more bacon crumbles.
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.