- 6 sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds)
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus more for the baking dish)
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
Danielle 6 Feb 2018
Absolutely amazing! I ended up making this for thanksgiving it was an automatic family hit. A must have dish if you are a sweet potato lover.
Tiffany S. 27 Dec 2016
These turned out great! A lot of sweet potato recipes come loaded with too much extra sweetness. This recipe had plenty of sweetness without being overbearing and also had a great kick.
Randy W. 26 Aug 2016
My wife didn't care for sweet potatoes until I made this, she loved it! I have made this quite a few times. We have a family reunion tonight and I am making this to bring.