Bourbon whiskey, honey, brown sugar, and a little citrus make an irresistible glaze for this ham.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 16 1/2 pounds spiral-sliced bone-in ham
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it. Place the ham on the middle of the roasting rack.
- Place the honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan. Add the juices from the lemon and orange. Whisk to combine. Set the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat tho medium low, bringing the mixture to a low boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring with a rubber spatula, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Carefully add the bourbon to the sauce pan. Continue boiling the mixture 3-4 minutes longer, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until it is slightly reduced and thickened. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Brush the ham with a thick layer of the bourbon-honey glaze.
- Transfer the ham to the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the ham for 2-2.5 hours, or about 15 minutes per pound of ham. Every 15 minutes, open the oven door and baste the ham with additional bourbon honey glaze.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Drizzle with any remaining glaze. Allow the ham to cool on the roasting rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board. Carve and serve. Leftover ham may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.