- 1 pound spot prawns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon sauce (Worchester)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 cup bourbon (or whiskey)
- 1 bunch kale (or Swiss chard)
- 1 lemon
- Thaw prawns if they are frozen by running cold water over them or allowing then to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel and de-vein prawns leaving the tails on.
- In an oven proof pot (that has a lid) heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and olive oil over low heat
- Add garlic until aromatic (don't let it burn!).
- Add Worchester, paprika, oregano, pepper, salt, hot pepper and whiskey and allow mixture to simmer for about 4-5 minutes until it thickens slightly. Add the prawns and stir.
- Cover the pot and pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- While that's happening, remove the stems from the chard. Wash by dunking in a sink full of cold water then shake off excess moisture. Stack leaves on top of each other, roll up and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of butter. When it begins to bubble, add the greens.
- Keep them moving with tongs until they wilt. Take a taste; should taste tender, not bitter.
- Remove prawns from oven and transfer prawns to a separate bowl with a slotted spoon. Bring remaining sauce to a low simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes to thicken. Serve prawns with greens over rice, grits or (my favorite) polenta.
- Spoon some of the reduced sauce in the pot over the shrimp and greens, and then squeeze lemon over the all for a final touch.
|Calories420Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.