- 1 pound sole (fillet of)
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 8 ounces scallops
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- white pepper (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (fresh chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chives (fresh chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery leaves
- 3/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 black peppercorns (crushed)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups fish stock (or 3 cups water)
- 1 1/4 unsalted butter
- Cut the sole into 1/2-inch pieces. Cut the scallops into 1/4-inch cubes and the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces. Put the sole in the food processor and buzz for a few seconds. The mixture should be smooth, but you need to take care not to cook the delicate fish with the heat of the processor. Add 1/2 a cup of the cream and buzz once again to make a puree.
- In a separate bowl using a hand beater, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Then fold the fish puree into the whipped cream. Add the diced scallops and the shrimp pieces. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the herbs.
- Divide the mixture in three parts an put each part into the centre of a large piece of aluminium foil. Roll the foil to form a sausage shape and twist the ends to seal the package. Put the foil sausages in a large pan and cover them with cold water. Weigh them down with a smaller lid on top before covering the pan with its normal lid. Bring the temperature of the water to 180 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not allow the water to boil or simmer. Once cooked, allow the "sausages" to sit in their cooking water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by putting and fish trimmings and shrimp shells into a pan. Add the fish stock and sherry, onion, bay leaf, celery, thyme, peppercorns and salt. Bring the liquid to a boil and boil gently for 20 minutes. Then strain the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any solids and reduce again until the liquid thickens noticeably. Stir in the butter, beating between the additions of each piece. Season the sauce.
- Remove the sausages from the foil and slice carefully. Serve with a small amount of sauce poured over the top.
|Calories1170Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.