- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 14 ounces pork belly (cut into small cubes)
- 8 onions (baby, peeled and halved)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 cans cannellini beans (15 oz each, drained and rinsed)
- chopped parsley
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in large saucepan on high heat. Brown pork in batches, 2-3 mins each. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same pan on medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic, 3-4 mins, until tender.
- Return pork to pan. Add molasses, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 40 mins.
- Stir in beans. Return to boil. Simmer, uncovered, 15-20 mins, until pork is tender.
- Serve baked beans on crusty toast. Sprinkle with parsley.