- 15 pounds turkey
- 2 sticks salted butter (non-)
- 1 bottle beer (medium size)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 bag crab boil
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 10 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 5 cloves
- 3 allspice (shakes of)
- 1 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons creole seasoning (or Cajun)
- 2 cracked pepper (fresh)
- Slowly melt the butter over low-medium heat in a medium saucepan. Once the butter has melted, add the apple cider and increase the heat to medium, then gently stir the butter and cider together. Once they combine add the crab boil, and increase the heat to medium-high heat. Allow the ingredients to slightly simmer for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add the remaining ingredients to your saucepan. Reduce the temperature to medium and crookedly place a lid on the pot. You don’t want to cover the entire marinade and have it boil over. Let all the ingredients cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow your marinade to sit and slightly cool for 5 minutes so you don’t burn yourself while you’re trying to inject your turkey. Prepare your injector. After 5 minutes, stick the tip of your injector in the marinade and squeeze the injector to pick up the marinade. Begin injecting your turkey with the marinade. Use the injecting needle to pierce the skin and squeeze your marinade into the meat. If you really want to get the flavors going, inject the marinade between the skin and flesh of the turkey! You will create a masterpiece! You’ll want to move fast so the butter doesn’t begin to stiffen.