- 1 meat (Beef/Mutton/Chicken ½ kilogram)
- 2 basmati rice (½ kilogram)
- 3 oil (one cup)
- 4 yoghurt (one cup)
- 5 tomatoes (chopped 2- 3 nos)
- 6 onion (finely chopped 2- 3 nos)
- 7 ginger (crushed 3 inch long piece)
- 8 garlic (crushed one medium pod)
- 9 green chillies (chopped 4- 5 nos)
- 10 potatoes (2- 3 medium size)
- Thorougly wash and soak the rice in water for 1/2 hour.
- Take 5 glass of water in a pan, add 3 teaspoon of salt to it add rice and boil on high flame till near to cook (Do not fully cook).
- Drain water and keep aside the rice.
- In a separate pan, fry onion in oil till golden brown.
- Now add ginger, garlic, tomatoes, meat, yoghurt, green chillies and spices and fry for 5-10 minutes. In case of chicken add potaoes with chicken, when using beef or mutton add potatoes when meat is tender.
- Now add 2 glass of water and cook on medium flame till meat is tender and little gravy remains.
- Now in a separate pan, arrange alternate layers of cook meat and boiled rice and then simmer.
- Mix together rice and meat before serving.
- Serve with raita and salad.