- 2 cups natural yogurt (Greek-style)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pistachio (unsalted, kernels)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry dough
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- Place a quarter of the yogurt in a strainer lined with a clean damp piece of cheese cloth. Place over a bowl. Sprinkle yogurt with a little of the brown sugar. Top with another quarter of the yogurt, then a little more brown sugar. Repeat twice more, finishing with brown sugar. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight until yogurt is very thick and all liquid has drained away into bowl.
- Spread pistachios over a large greased baking tray. Combine sugar and a 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan over moderate heat. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves, then simmer, without stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Carefully pour hot syrup over pistachios, tilting baking tray to cover. Stand until set and cooled. Process in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Working with one sheet at a time, brush phyllo with melted butter and sprinkle with a little of the pistachio crumbs. Repeat layers with phyllo and crumbs, finishing with a layer of pistachio crumbs. Transfer stack to prepared tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Using a large serrated knife, cut filo stack into 8 equal pieces lengthwise. Half crosswise to form 16 pieces in total. Cool.
- To serve, place 1 piece on a serving plate. Top with some yoghurt and blueberries. Repeat the layer once more.
|Calories240Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.