Blueberry and White Chocolate for a Double Flavored Panna CottaOn dine chez Nanou
Ripe blueberries on a delicate white chocolate gelatin mold inspired by Italy. The creamy panna cotta is aromatized with the violet syrup and natural juices from the blueberries. It’s light and creamy texture is the perfect treat for a hot summer day. Using a flexible rubber mold, pour the hot mixture and leave it to set, insuring stunning symmetrical half circles for plating. Plan on making this dish a day or two in advance, as it requires many hours to chill and properly set.
- 150 grams sugar
- 7 sheets gelatin
- 2 tablespoons violet syrup
- 250 grams fresh blueberries
- 3 sheets gelatin
- 500 milliliters cream
- 1 vanilla pods
- 75 grams white chocolate
- 1Heat sugar in a saucepan with 300 millimeters of water, stir until sugar dissolves.
- 2Soak gelatin in cold water.
- 3Remove sugar from heat, add softened gelatin and violet syrup.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Pour the blueberries, and then the cool syrup, in a half spherical flexible mold.
- 6Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 7Soak gelatin sheets in cold water to soften.
- 8Put the cream in a saucepan and boil, add vanilla pod, and let it steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape the inside of the vanilla pod with the tip of a knife.
- 9Reheat, and add white chocolate. Stir.
- 10Put softened gelatin in a small bowl, add a tablespoon of water and heat for 20 seconds in the microwave so that it becomes liquid.
- 11Add white chocolate cream mixture.
- 12Stir well, and pour into molds covering blueberry jelly. Refrigerate overnight.