- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whisk sour cream, ½ cup buttermilk, granulated sugar, vanilla, lemon peel and juice, and orange peel in large bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Addflour, baking powder and salt to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl andFlat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and add butter; mix 1 minute or until butter forms pea-sized pieces. Stop Mixer and add sour cream mixture. Continuing on Speed 1, mix 10 seconds or until dough is barely combined. Stop Mixer and add blueberries. Mix 5 seconds or until dough is just combined, making sure butter remains in small chunks.
- Scrape dough onto floured work surface. Gently shape into 1-inch-thick disc. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerateat least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water to create an egg wash.
- Unwrap dough disc and cut into eightpie-shaped pieces. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Whisk powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons buttermilk and lemon juice in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle onto cooled scones.