Blueberry PancakesAnanás e Hortelã
Adding yogurt to pancake batter makes for fluffy pancakes that have a wonderful tang, similar to when making buttermilk pancakes. These are also studded with fresh blueberries and sweetened with brown sugar. You know when they are ready to be flipped by the appearance of holes in the surface of the batter, and also when the underside has turned the desired shade of golden. Using a nonstick pan makes the job of flipping that much easier.
- 1 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 cup blueberries
- maple syrup (to serve, or honey)
- 1In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, yeast and sugar. In another bowl combine the egg, water, yogurt, milk and margarine. Stir well. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix well. If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk.
- 2Add the blueberries and fold gently. Over medium heat, warm a little oil in a non-stick pan. Pour a ladle of batter into the pan and heat until bubbles form and pop on the surface of the pancake. Flip with a spatula and cook until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- 3Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.