Blueberry MuffinsCasseroles et claviers
These blueberry muffins make for the perfect addition to a weekend brunch. A touch of buttermilk adds a pleasant richness to the muffins, while the fresh blueberries add a lovely color and sweetness. Enjoy these muffins fresh out of the oven with a pat of butter for a delicious and sweet breakfast bite. Bring these to your next brunch gathering or enjoy them on a lazy Sunday morning.
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 50 grams flour
- 5 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 450 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 eggs
- 250 grams blueberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 70 grams melted butter
- 40 grams oil
- 200 grams buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar, flour, and butter with your fingertips until obtaining a mixture close to a "crumble" (coarse sand).
- 2Set aside.In a saucepan, cook the blueberries in 2 tablespoons water over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 3When the blueberries have burst, turn off the heat, and mash coarsely with a fork.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt, and make a well in the center.
- 7In another bowl, whisk the egg and the sugar until the mixture whitens.
- 8Add the butter and the oil and mix gently.
- 9Finally, add the buttermilk and the vanilla, continue mixing.
- 10When the mixture is smooth, pour in flour, and mix gently with a spatula.
- 11Do not mix too hard and too long: as soon as it is smooth, stop.
- 12Finally, add the remaining fresh blueberries.
- 13Pour a teaspoon of dough into each baking cup (you need to keep half the dough), then evenly distribute the crushed blueberries into the cups.
- 14Then cover with with another tablespoon of dough and top off with the streusel dough.
- 15Bake for 15-20 minutes: muffins should be golden, to test doneness, a knife should come out clean after being inserted in a muffin.
- 16Cool on a rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1180Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.