This recipe for Blueberry Mini Icecream Cakes makes a wonderful individually sized dessert to serve at your next luncheon or dinner party. These Blueberry Mini Icecream Cakes are made from a layer of crispy meringue topped with a thick layer of rich and creamy homemade blueberry frozen yogurt. You do not need an ice cream maker for the preparation of these ice cream cakes. Low in calories, these Blueberry Mini Icecream Cakes are a tasty treat you can feel good about eating.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams sugar
- 40 grams almonds (ground)
- 8 grams flour (sifted)
- 180 grams fresh blueberries
- 500 grams greek yogurt (plain unsweetened)
- 180 grams sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius.
- Prepare the icecream by placing the blueberries into a saucepan along with the sugar. Cook for 8-10 minutes and puree. Let cool.
- Mix into the yogurt and refrigerate.
- Beat the egg whites into firm peaks along with a pinch of salt. Fold in the flour and almonds. Place into a pastry bag and form circles of meringue on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turn off the oven, and leave for 15 minutes with the oven door closed. Place onto a baking rack to cool.
- Cut the meringues into perfect circles using a cookie cutter. Set aside.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into small silicon molds and freeze. Top each with a round of meringue and press down carefully to stick together. Place into the freezer overnight.
- Carefully remove from molds and let warm slightly at room temperature before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.