Blueberry Ice CreamAnanás e Hortelã
- 250 grams frozen blueberries (or fresh)
- 100 grams sugar
- 1/2 lemon (zest)
- 300 milliliters plain yogurt
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1In a saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest to a boil.
- 2Let simmer on low heat until the blueberries start to melt and release their juices, probably about 10 minutes.
- 3Grind this mixture in a blender or with a hand blender until homogeneous.
- 4Let completely cool in the refrigerator.
- 5Once cold, add the yogurt and the whisked cream.
- 6Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and follow the machine's instructions.
- 7Place in the freezer to solidify.
- 8Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- 9If you don't have an ice cream machine, place the mixture in a freezer-safe container, and beat the ice cream with a fork, every 15 minutes, for 1 1/2 hours, to prevent ice crystals from forming.