Blueberry Frozen YogurtAnanás e Hortelã
It's easy to make frozen yogurt by flavoring plain yogurt and then, well, freezing until icy in texture. Here, fresh blueberries, sugar, and lemon zest and juice are blended to a puree, then mixed with yogurt; to avoid overmixing, pulse rather than process. It's also helpful to taste the puree and adjust by adding more sugar and/or lemon juice to suit your tastes. Also, and importantly to achieving the proper consistency, chill the mixture in the refrigerator before churning in the ice cream machine.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt (natural)
- 1Place the blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, and a few drops of lemon juice in a blender and grind to a puree. Add the yogurt and pulse to mix.
- 2Taste and add a couple drops of lemon juice or sugar if you think necessary.
- 3Refrigerate the mixture until it gets cold, and then place in the ice cream maker and follow the machine manufacturer's instructions.
- 4Note: in the original recipe, the blueberries heated with the sugar and the lemon zest, stirring always, until the berries soften; only then should they be ground.