- 6 medium eggs (separated)
- 175 grams caster sugar (+ 4 tbsp)
- 200 grams plain flour
- 300 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 grams butter (melted)
- 200 grams frozen blueberries
- 2 packets custard (instant)
- 800 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 250 milliliters eggnog (+ 4 tbsp)
- 350 grams whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Beat the egg whites until stiff while slowly adding 3/4 cup of sugar. Stir in the egg yolks one by one then fold in the flour, baking powder and melted butter.
- Transfer half of the batter to a lined 10 inch cake pan. Sprinkle with half the blueberries and top with the remaining batter and blueberries. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes then allow to cool, in the pan, on a wire rack.
- When cooled, remove from the pan and cut, horizontally, into 3 slices, between the blueberry layers. Mix the instant pudding powder, 4 tbsp sugar, 1/3 cup of milk and 1 cup of eggnog until smooth. Bring 3 cups of milk to a boil, pour in the pudding mix and stir over a low heat until thick and smooth. Allow to cool.
- Spread the cake with the pudding mix in-between the layers and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whip the cream and transfer 5 tbsp to a piping bag. Spread the remaining cream evenly over all sides of the cake. Decorate the cake using the piping bag. Spread 4 tbsp eggnog on top and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.