Blueberry Clafoutis for TwoLa Cocina de Babel
Clafoutis is a French baked dessert featuring fruit, traditionally black cherries, covered with a thick flan-like batter. This clafoutis recipe features fresh blueberries marinated in a cinnamon rum sauce for a summer twist on the French classic. The batter is made from a combination of eggs, flour, sugar, heavy cream, and milk and is similar in texture to a waffle batter. Divide your clafoutis into individually portioned dishes before baking or into one large dish.
- butter (for greasing the pan)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 200 grams fresh blueberries
- 150 milliliters rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 75 grams cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 50 grams flour (sifted)
- 125 milliliters heavy cream
- 125 milliliters milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease 2 (13-centimeter diameter) oven-safe dishes and sprinkle brown sugar around the inside.
- 3In a bowl, pour in the blueberries, rum, cinnamon, and lemon zest. With a fork, lightly mash everything together just until the blueberry juice comes out, then let marinate for 15 minutes.
- 4In another bowl, cream together the eggs and cane sugar until the mixture lightens in color.
- 5Incorporate the sifted flour and salt into the egg and sugar mixture.
- 6Then add the cream, milk, and a tablespoon of the marinated fruit juice. Mix well.
- 7Drain the fruit and line the bottoms of the oven-safe dishes with them. Pour the batter on top.
- 8Bake 25 to 30 minutes until slightly risen and hard when the center is touched.
PER SERVING *
|Calories980Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.