Blueberry BuckleAnanás e Hortelã
A buckle is related to other whimsically named desserts including cobblers, grunts, slumps, and betty's and is similarly a wonderful way to showcase fruit at the peak of their season. This buckle is all about the inimitable taste of fresh blueberries, which are folded into the cake base that's flavored with lemon zest and made tender with plain yogurt. The topping here is the classic mix of flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter, and is sprinkled over the cake before baking.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 50 grams butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1Start with the topping.
- 2Combine the flour, light brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl.
- 3Mix and knead with your fingertips until it reaches a sand-like texture.
- 4Set it aside in the fridge.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 6Line the bottom of a round cake pan or springform pan with parchment paper.
- 7In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat well.
- 8Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- 9Add the yogurt and lemon zest and mix well.
- 10Gently incorporate the flour and baking powder into the batter.
- 11Carefully fold in the blueberries without crushing them.
- 12Pour the batter into the pan.
- 13Smooth the surface and sprinkle the topping over it.
- 14Bake until cooked through.
- 15Serve warm or cold.