- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 pound pitted dates
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 2/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 1/2 pounds blueberries (thawed if frozen)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 pound marzipan
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- To make the tart shell, place the lemon zest and 3 tbsp of the juice in a food processor with the dates, 1 3/4 cups of the coconut and 1/2 cup of the ground almonds and process until sticky. Press into the base and sides of a lightly greased 10 inch loose-bottomed tart pan. Chill for 30 mins.
- To make the filling, purée half of the blueberries with the vanilla seeds. Melt the remaining coconut oil with the blueberry purée, marzipan, sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, the remaining ground almonds and a pinch of salt until smooth. Gently fold in half of the remaining blueberries, pour into the tart shell and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the coconut whipped cream, toast the remaining coconut in a dry frying pan until golden brown, then set aside to cool. Beat the cream until almost stiff and stir in half the toasted coconut.
- To make the blueberry compote, warm the blueberry jelly, add the remaining blueberries and cool.
- To assemble, spread the coconut whipped cream on the tart, sprinkle with the remaining toasted coconut and top with the blueberry compote.
|Calories430Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.