If Easter is just around the corner and you want to make sweet treats for everyone to enjoy, then why not give this Blue and Pink Bunnies recipe a try. The kids will love all the beautifully decorated bunnies. This recipe makes 50 bunnies so they are perfect palate pleasing treats for a big family gathering. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping for a sweet surprise the next party.
- 250 grams softened butter
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams flour
- 2 egg whites
- powdered sugar
- food coloring (pink and blue)
- In a deep bowl, beat the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar to a pale cream.
- Add eggs, mix until mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the flour, knead by hand, and form a big ball of dough.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 356F.
- Roll out dough. Use a cookie cutter to form small bunny cookies. Arrange them on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- For the frosting, simply beat an egg white in a bowl with powdered sugar (add powdered sugar depending on desired consistency), and pink food coloring.
- Repeat the process in another bowl with blue food coloring.
- Save a little frosting in a third container of white icing for the tails.
- Decorate rabbits.