Blue Shark with Harissa and Oriental RiceMarmita
Take a walk on the oriental side with this recipe for Blue Shark with Harissa and Oriental Rice. Cooked in a spicy harissa wine sauce, the blue shark is full of deliciously warm flavor. Harissa is spicy paste originating from Tunisia and a common ingredient in North African cuisine. Sold as a paste or powder, this recipe calls for harissa powder. Served on top of crunchy and nutty coconut rice, this entree is one for the books.
- 100 grams shark (blue)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- cardamon (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon harissa (powdered)
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 lemon juice
- fresh parsley (to taste)
- 200 grams basmati rice
- 400 milliliters coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut (candied)
- 1Clean the fish, cut into small cubes, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- 2In a skillet, on low heat, toast the peanuts, pistachios, cashews, almonds, and cardamon. Set aside.
- 3In a pan, heat the olive oil, add garlic and onion, saute a little. On medium heat, add the anchovy fillet, and use a wooden spoon to break down.
- 4Add the harissa, and allow the flavor to blend with the onion and the garlic. Add the unpeeled cherry tomatoes, mash with the wooden spoon, and cook until creating a pulp.
- 5Add the wine and the fish; if necessary add a little more water in order to get more sauce; let the fish cook over at low heat while stirring carefully so it does not break.
- 6Before removing from heat, check the seasoning, add the lemon juice, and garnish with fresh parsley and a little more of harissa on top of the fish.
- 7In a pan, add the rice, coconut milk, salt, olive oil, and 200 milliliters of water. Stir well, and cook.
- 8Grind the candied coconut, or chop.
- 9Add the toasted and broken nuts to the rice, and garnish with the coconut on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.