Blue Cheese and Walnut Rice CroquettesKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Blue Cheese and Walnut Rice Croquettes combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 150 grams rice (suitable for risotto, such as carnaroli or arborio)
- 2/5 liter broth
- 1/10 liter white wine
- smoked bacon
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- blue cheese
- 1 eggs
- bread crumbs
- 1For the rice, prepare the day before making rice croquettes.
- 2Heat broth in saucepan.
- 3Heat a little oil in a skillet and fry bacon.
- 4When bacon begins begins to brown, add rice.
- 5Stir for 1-2 minutes and add the white wine.
- 6Stir and slowly add hot broth, stirring the rice occasionally.
- 7Lower the heat and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- 8Add saffron and mozzarella. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- 9Let cool, ideally overnight, or for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- 10For the croquettes, scoop a small portion of rice mixture and add a slice of blue cheese and walnuts.
- 11Seal with another portion of rice mixture and shape into a ball.
- 12Coat croquette with egg and breadcrumbs and fry in plenty of hot oil until golden.
- 13Serve hot.