You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Blue Cheese and Walnut Rice Croquettes combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 150 grams rice (suitable for risotto, such as carnaroli or arborio)
- 0.4 liters broth
- 0.1 liters white wine
- smoked bacon
- 1 mozzarella cheese (ball)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- blue cheese
- 1 egg
- For the rice, prepare the day before making rice croquettes.
- Heat broth in saucepan.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet and fry bacon.
- When bacon begins begins to brown, add rice.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes and add the white wine.
- Stir and slowly add hot broth, stirring the rice occasionally.
- Lower the heat and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add saffron and mozzarella. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool, ideally overnight, or for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- For the croquettes, scoop a small portion of rice mixture and add a slice of blue cheese and walnuts.
- Seal with another portion of rice mixture and shape into a ball.
- Coat croquette with egg and breadcrumbs and fry in plenty of hot oil until golden.
- Serve hot.