The blue cheese and cereal give these chops a distinctive crunch and flavor. Serve with Mustard New Potatoes and buttered Brussel sprouts.
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (soft)
- 3 tablespoons wheat (natural, OR barley cereal, like Grape Nuts)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Stir together bread crumbs, cheese, cereal, onion, salt and pepper. Add oil; toss to mix well. Set aside. Place pork on broiler pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 8-9 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from broiler. Spread crumb mixture evenly on chops. Return to broiler for one minute more until crumbs are browned and cheese starts to melt. Remove from heat and let rest for 3 minutes before serving.