A soufflé is of French origin and is made with egg yolks and beaten egg whites. They can be sweet or savory. This blue cheese soufflé is of the savory variety. Featuring a blend of blue cheese and havarti cheese this souffle is also made with cream for a cheese soufflé that will melt in your mouth with each bite. Made in individually sized ramekins, this blue cheese soufflé is a dish sure to impress at your next hosted dinner. Bake time for the soufflés is 10 to 12 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- cold milk
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 30 grams butter
- ground black pepper
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 200 grams blue cheese (finely crumbled or grated)
- 40 grams havarti cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Generously grease 4 (10-centimeter diameter) individual ramekins.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a splash of cold milk.
- In a small pot, heat up the heavy cream and add the dissolved cornstarch. Whisk until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and add the butter, a pinch of nutmeg, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the egg yolks, beating well after each one.
- Add the blue cheese and Havarti cheese and mix well.
- Separately, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the first mixture in 2 batches.
- Fill the ramekins and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.
|Calories730Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.