Blue Cheese Phyllo PouchesRecetas del Señor Señor
Phyllo dough, sold in the freezer case of supermarkets, is a good building block for all manner of pastries, sweet and savory, including these delectable "purses." Each crispy, golden brown pouch is filled with a mushroom cap that's been stuff with blue cheese and tomato jam (store-bought or your own recipe). Covering the pouches with a sheet of parchment paper as they bake ensures they cook evenly, inside and out.
- 1 sheet phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 mushrooms (small)
- roquefort cheese (or blue cheese)
- tomato jam
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Carefully separate the layers of phyllo pastry.
- 3Cut the sheets into perfect small squares. Take 2 squares and layer one over the other to make a star pattern.
- 4Melt the butter and baste the dough with it.
- 5Separately, clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Inside the caps, stuff blue cheese.
- 6On half the pastries, place a stuffed mushroom. On the other half, put some tomato jam and blue cheese.
- 7Close up the star-shaped pouches and tie with kitchen string.
- 8Place the pouches on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes until golden. Let sit a few minutes before serving.