Blue Cheese And Sundried Tomato BallsOn dine chez Nanou
Mozzarella sticks are a thing of the past. These small, crispy, balls are filled with a creamy, sharp, oozing center of goodness and are a great Game-Day snack. Using the sweetness of the sundried tomatoes against the subtle cheese flavors infuses the crust and bursts with each bite. Pair them with a variety of sauces or garnish with some fresh herbs. Also, great for the lunchbox or a quick after school snack.
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 30 grams chopped walnuts
- fresh basil leaves
- 200 grams cheese (Fourme d'Ambert, or any high quality blue cheese)
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 4 crepes
- 1Combine choppped sundried tomatoes, walnuts and 6 finley chopped basil leaves.
- 2In a medium bowl, mash the blue cheese and mix with cream cheese using a fork, until smooth and creamy.
- 3Add tomatoes, basil and hazelnuts.
- 4Mix well to get a thick paste.
- 5With a teaspoon, form balls of about 1.5 cm each. Flatten them slightly.
- 6Cut each crepe into strips of 2 cm wide.
- 7Wrap each cheese ball with the crepe strip, so they are completely enclosed.
- 8Insert a toothpick on each ball and garnish with a basil leaf.