- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 3/4 pounds small potatoes (peeled)
- 1 carp (about 3 lbs, head removed, cut in half)
- 1 apple (cored and grated)
- 3 teaspoons horseradish (grated)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream (whipped until semi-solid)
- 1 2/3 pounds carrots (peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch long strips)
- 8 scallions (cut into 1 1/2 inch long strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh dill
- flat-leaf parsley
- apple slices
- In a large saucepan, bring enough water to cover the carp to a boil. Add the vinegar, bay leaves, onion and salt to taste. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 mins. Add the carp to the vinegar water and cook over medium heat for 12 mins.
- To make the dip, fold the apple and horseradish into the cream.
- Blanch the carrots and scallions in boiling salted water for 2 mins. Drain. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the carrots and scallions for 2 mins. Season with black pepper.
- Drain the carp and potatoes and arrange on a platter with the vegetables and apple and horseradish dip. Garnish with apple slices, dill and parsley.