Blood Sausage Pasties with Pear and Port Wine JamHoje para Jantar
These pastries are filled with blood sausage and a dollop of pear and port jam, which you will need to prepare before getting started. Or, if you prefer, you can buy a high-quality flavorful jam instead of making it yourself; pear jam, quince jam, or fig jam would all pair perfectly with the robust sausage. Puff pastry is a convenient shortcut and bakes up flaky and golden and buttery good.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (fresh)
- 1/2 blood sausage
- 1 egg yolks
- 3 dried fig
- 1Preheat oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut out large and small stars in the pastry.
- 3Arrange the large stars in a tray.
- 4Place a slice of sausage and 1 teaspoon of jam on top of each star.
- 5Beat the egg yolk and brush the smaller stars.
- 6Gently place the smaller stars on top of the jam with the yolk up.
- 7Slice the figs and place a slice on top of each puff.
- 8Bake for about 5 minutes, until the stars puff up.
- 9Remove from oven and insert a toothpick to straighten the various layers.