The wonderful part about Blood Orange Curd is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Blood Orange Curd is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 4 blood oranges
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 grams butter
- Rinse oranges in hot water, wipe dry and finely grate zest from one orange.
- Squeeze juice from oranges.
- Beat the eggs.
- Stirring constantly, heat eggs, sugar, zest and orange juice in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Tip: Do not heat over 70°C (approximately 160°F), so that curd forms and egg does not overcook.
- Stir constantly until curd forms, about 10 minutes.
- When curd forms, remove from heat and stir in butter until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.