These classic chocolate chip blondies will fly off the bake sale table!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray an 8” square aluminum pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, as needed.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough until they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the dough into the baking pan. Use a rubber spatula or clean hands to press the dough into an even layer.
- Transfer the baking pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the blondies for 28-30 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven. Allow the blondies to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, then transfer the pan to the refrigerator. Refrigerate the blondies for 30 minutes to an hour before slicing.
- Slice the blondies into squares, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Melissa Guyre 10 Jun
these turned out quite well!