- 1 nectarine
- 1 pint blueberries
- 10 strawberries
- 2 apples
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 170 grams butter (cold)
- 220 grams self rising flour
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 130 milliliters buttermilk
- sugar (for sprinkling, optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- Dice fruit and place in a pan.
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until fruit begins to release juice.
- Place fruit mixture in an ovenproof pan that is suitable for serving.
- For the topping, use hands or a pastry blender and blend cold butter and flour until mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add sugar and salt and stir well.
- Add buttermilk.
- Mixture will be runny.
- Spoon dough on top of hot fruit.
- Do not smooth the surface.
- Add spoonfuls of dough so that surface is lumpy.
- Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until surface is golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.