- 1 pound blackberries
- 1 pound blackcurrants
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cassis liqueur (blackcurrant, Crème de)
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Place the berries in a large saucepan. Add 1/4 cup water, the lemon juice and the liqueur. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Pour in the sugar and stir over low heat, until dissolved. Increase the heat and bring to a boil for 10-12 mins. Place a candy thermometer in the pan. Do not stir, bring the temperature to 220ºF, then remove from heat and cool for 15 mins. Pour into sterilized jars.