- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or ghee)
- 5 shallots (large, thinly sliced)
- 4 sage leaves
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 1 cup blackberries
- 8 sage leaves
- 1 cup wine (red zinfandel)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or ghee. Pat the pork tenderloin dry with a paper towel and season liberally with salt and pepper. Brown pork on all sides for 1-2 minutes until a nice golden crust has formed.
- Slice the shallots and place on a baking sheet with the sage and thyme. Sprinkle with salt and place the pork on top. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads the internal temperature to be between 145 to 160 degrees F. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Over high heat in the same pan that you seared the pork in add in the wine and scrape up any bits stuck on the pan. Add in the blackberries and sage and simmer 5 minutes. Add in butter and transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Slice the pork and drizzle with the blackberry sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes, a green salad, or your favorite side!