- 1/2 cup blackberry puree (2 cups fresh blackberries)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 ounce gelatin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup white corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1using a blender, puree the blackberries. strain mixture twice to remove any pulp or seeds. set aside 1/2 cup of the strained puree mixture.
- 2line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper & grease with oil.
- 3add 1/2 cup blackberry puree & gelatin into the bowl of a stand mixer. let stand until the gelatin softens, about 10 minutes.
- 4add water into a sauce pan over medium heat. add sugar, corn syrup & salt. stir until sugar dissolves.
- 5increase heat to high & boil (do not stir) until temperature reaches 230-250 degrees, about 6-8 minutes.
- 6using the whisk attachment, turn on mixer to low speed & slowly pour in boiling hot syrup.
- 7once syrup is mixed evenly with the gelatin, add vanilla & increase speed to high. beat until mixture is thick & fluffy, about 15 minutes.
- 8pour into baking dish immediately & let stand at room temperature until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- 9sift corn starch & powdered sugar over mixture before slicing. toss each slice in the powdered sugar mixture as well to prevent them from sticking together once stored!