Fresh ripe blackberries make a wonderful flavor for summertime ice cream that also has a lovely color, too. This recipe can be made without using any special tools or even any churning., just your freezer. What gives it that rich and airy consistency is both whipped cream and also beaten egg whites. Save some of the berries to use a garnish, if desired, and let the ice cream soften a bit at room temperature before scooping and serving.
- 250 milliliters blackberries
- 200 milliliters whipped cream
- 150 grams sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 4 egg whites
- Place the blackberries* in a blender with the sugar, a few drops of water and leave to macerate for a few minutes.
- Grind and strain through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Whisk the chilled cream until they are nice and firm.
- Add the pulp of the blackberries and whisk it again.
- Whisk the egg whites and involve slowly with a spoon in the previous mixture, without making the spoon hit the sides of the bowl so that the air bubbles don't disappear.
- Place in the freezer.
- It is ready to eat on the next day.
- Save some whole blueberries and a bit of pulp for garnish, if you wish.