Crisps and cobblers are sweet and hearty comforting desserts that remind us of our childhood. This Blackberry Crisp recipe is a traditional and nostalgic favorite that is packed with palate pleasing flavors. The sweet and tart blackberries pair perfectly with the grated coconut, spice and other ingredients for a wonderful and decadent dessert. You can serve it up warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, or serve it cooled. Any way you present it, it is bound to disappear.
- 3/4 cup flour ("Branca de Neve", or similar fine pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 115 grams unsalted butter (chilled)
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 handful goji berries
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- Grease pie dish with butter.
- Mix blackberies, goji berries, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and pour in the bottom of the pie dish.
- Pour flour, sugar, oatmeal, coconut, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl.
- Add diced, chilled butter.
- With fingertips or pastry blender, crumble flour with the butter until texture is crumb-like.
- Tip: If using a food processor, pulse carefully, so that oatmeal is not ground too finely.
- Pour topping over filling and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.