Black Swordfish for the WinterMarmita
Designed with the winter months in mind, this Black Swordfish for the Winter recipe will not disappoint. Grilled black swordfish is accompanied by a savory mustard and vinegar cabbage salad and drizzled with a buttery, zesty sauce. Butter beans add an additional flavor component to the sauteed cabbage salad and provide additional protein to this hearty wintry entree. Serve with freshly co
- 4 swordfish (fresh Black, slices)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 150 grams green cabbage (sliced )
- 1 can butter beans
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- ground mustard (to taste)
- red wine vinegar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon zest (and juice)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (L'anciene, or similar mustard)
- 4 capers
- fresh thyme
- 1Grill the fish on a very hot grill brushed with a mixture of oil and water.
- 2Heat a little olive oil in a wok, and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- 3Add the cabbage, and saute for a few more minutes.
- 4Add just enough boiling water to cover the cabbage. Cook on low heat.
- 5The water will evaporate a bit while cooking, do not let vegetables stick to the bottom.
- 6Once the cabbage is cooked, add the beans, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 7Strain the remaining water, turn off the heat, and pour strained water back in the wok.
- 8Season with another drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard, and a few drops of red wine vinegar if you like it.
- 9For the fish sauce, place the unsalted butter for few seconds in the microwave on medium power, with lime zest, mustard, capers, and thyme.
- 10Arrange the cabbage around the fish. Whisk the fish sauce, and pour on the hot fish.