This Italian dish harnesses the power of a skillet. When sautéed together the shallots and garlic bring a aromatic smell to the room. The mushrooms and shrimp are very soft, while the fish stock and rice make a rich, creamy base.
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 200 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 12 shrimp (peeled)
- 150 grams short-grain rice
- fish stock (heated)
- In a skillet, saute together the shallot and garlic.
- Once the shallot and garlic are softened, add the mushrooms and shrimp.
- Once everything has been warmed through, stir in the rice and squid ink.
- Little by little, add the fish stock until the rice has absorbed everything. Remember to use 2 parts fish stock to 1 part rice. Never stop stirring. That way, the rice releases all of its starch and makes the dish creamy.
Amanda C. 26 May 2015
I could never go back to ordinary risotto dishes after making this great recipe. The shrimp was fresh and it gave it that great seafood flavor I desired. The mushrooms were tender and provided a good taste to the dish. A 5 star recipe I will make every Sunday.