- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 pound beef (thinly sliced, sirloin, flank are best)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 1-inch pieces, any colors)
- 1 onion (small, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- vegetable oil (for stir frying)
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg white, low sodium soy sauce, vegetable oil, black pepper and corn starch. Add the beef slices and mix very well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Swirl in about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. When very hot, add in the beef slices, spreading it out all over the surface of the pan. Let cook for 30 seconds, undisturbed, to get a nice sear. Flip the slices and cook another 30 seconds. Remove immediately to a clean plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high. If needed, add in just a little more vegetable oil. Add in the bell peppers and the onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push the vegetables aside and make a little spot for the garlic. Add in the garlic and give it a few seconds to heat up and become fragrant. Toss garlic in with the vegetables.
- Add the beef back into the pan. Toss very well. Pour in the oyster sauce and toss again. Season with more black pepper, if desired.
|Calories330Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.