Black Forest MuffinsLa Cocina de Babel
Black forest cake is a German classic, originating in the Black Forest region of Baden-Württemberg. These muffins capture all the cherry and chocolate flavor of the German favorite. Made with rich cocoa powder, melted dark chocolate, candied orange peel, cherries, and walnuts, these Black Forest Muffins are full of rich and decadent flavors. Sprinkle with powdered sugar after baking for a snowy and elegant finish. Bake time is 20 to 25 minutes.
- 125 grams butter
- 125 grams chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 medium eggs
- 175 grams cane sugar
- 200 milliliters milk
- 150 grams greek yogurt
- 225 grams flour
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams orange (candied, chopped into small pieces)
- 100 grams cherries (in natural juice, drained.)
- 60 grams walnuts (chopped)
- powdered sugar (to decorate.)
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- 2Grease a muffin pan or insert paper cases into the muffin pan.
- 3Melt the chocolate with the butter on medium heat in the microwave, one minute at a time, stirring between stops, until the chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
- 4Beat the egg with the sugar, milk, and yogurt.
- 5Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- 6Add the cherries, candied orange, and walnuts, and mix again.
- 7Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt over the mixture. Mix all the ingredients together with a spatula just enough for the dry ingredients to be completely blended.
- 8Transfer the mixture to the molds but do not overfill.
- 9Cook for 20–25 minutes.
- 10When cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar to create a ‘snowy’ effect.
PER SERVING *
|Calories950Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.