- 21 ounces cherry pie filling (Comstock More Fruit, & Topping)
- 1 package Duncan Hines Brownie Mix (plus ingredients to prepare cake-like version of mix)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups frozen non dairy whipped topping (thawed, divided)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted*)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9” cake pans. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions using specified amounts of eggs, oil and water for cake-like version.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over-bake.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans. Loosen edges, then remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Stir almond extract into cherry filling. Place one brownie layer on serving plate. Top with 1½ cups whipped topping, spreading topping to within 1/2" of edge. Spread 1 cup cherry filling evenly over whipped topping.
- Top with second brownie layer. (Torte may be assembled to this point, covered and refrigerated up to 6 hours ahead of time. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before finishing and serving.) Spread remaining cherry filling over top to within 1/2" of edge. Decoratively dollop or pipe remaining 1 cup whipped topping around edge of torte. Sprinkle toasted almonds over top. To serve, cut into wedges with large serrated knife. *To toast almonds, spread almonds in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 6-8 minutes or until golden.
- Pour 2-3 cups of sugar into a sealable container. Combine with the zest of one lemon, shake well and store. Lemon infused sugar can be used immediately or kept for months, just like regular sugar.
- Keep brown sugar soft by adding a couple of marshmallows to the bag.
- To make crystallized honey liquid again make it liquid again, place the honey jar in a container that allows water to move around it freely. Run under a hot water tap (shaking occasionally) until the crystals have melted.
- Reuse jelly, pickle or mason jars to keep your cupcake liners and icing tips clean and collected.
- Whenever grating chocolate on a cheese grater always hold the chocolate cube with the palm of your hand not your fingertips. This method will protect your finger tips from getting nicked.
|Calories1160Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.