These black bottom cupcakes feature a chocolate flavored cupcake base that is then topped with a cream cheese topping riddled with dark chocolate chunks. The chocolate cupcake base features unsweetened cocoa, chopped almond, a subtle hint of vanilla, and is made exclusively with brown sugar for caramel undertones. Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners for ease in removal. Ready in less than an hour, these cupcakes are a great weekend treat.
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams almonds (finely diced)
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 milliliters milk
- 150 milliliters water
- 100 milliliters sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Put muffin liners in a muffin tin or grease the tin.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese, egg, and granulated sugar. Fold in the dark chocolate and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, almonds, brown sugar, a pinch of salt, and cocoa powder.
- Form a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the milk, water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the muffin molds halfway up. Finish with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.